Death Skullz

Death Skullz

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Confessions of a Competitive Gamer

I'd like to think of myself as competitive player trying to play more to casual mind set. I have played several games competitively Magic,Bloodbowl,Halo,Call of Duty and 40k i love the feeling of a hard match a narrow win at the last few seconds of the game.

So i approached 40k like any other game research,playtesting and tuning ....having rejoined 40k at the end of 4th ed i was a bit of a noob making all the noob mistakes and being massacred on the table for it (hard knock lessons ).Time went on and i got alot better i had reached that point in the game that where you got how to play on the table.

The time came when our LGS closed and several gaming doors started to close on me so i had to find some more people to play with in a more personal setting. My brother and i had a couple of friends that was doing that vulture circle around the game "Whats that game?" ," Those guys look really kool!",and the clincher "Where can i get some of those guyz?".Noobs more important our noobs that are friends . Well they are going through the ropes learning things getting there basics down.Holy cow the are playing on there own and against each other alot getting better every game.

So at the same time their are building armies I have started my 2nd army Orks i'm taking a good beating regularly from my brother . Game after game of my tactics being foiled and my army being swept up in grand fashion i was researching,playtesting and tweaking the hell out of my list.
I gotten this list really nasty my brother was starting to have fits with it all good things.Finally to my point i had not played any of our noobs that much mainly my equal my brother.The SM noob challenged me to a game{ seeing my brother wrangle my list with ease a few weeks before}.
First mistake i made i played him with the wrong list.

Second mistake I played like i was playing my brother.

Third mistake I tabled him in the top of my turn 3

Noone had fun and i felt like a ass. I thought for the longest time i had pushed him to quit and i got a real sick feeling from that.
He didnt quit and i vowed to be a better player all around even with my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment